Work in Progress is a working paper/presentation series, designed to offer critical feedback on pre-publication, or pre-presentation versions of academic articles and research posters resulting from the research activities of students, faculty and staff in the University Honors Program at NC State. Work examined is in various stages of completion, with some at the cusp of being delivered at a disciplinary conference or submitted for publication, and others still in the early stages of conceptual development.
The goal is to help individuals further develop their academic products and boost confidence through a creative environment that engenders constructive and thoughtful discussion.
- Prepare students for presenting research at local, regional, and national disciplinary conferences, or submitting research to academic journals;
- Share experiences, findings, and methods of knowledge creation from undergraduate research projects across campus;
- Offer a creative outlet for cross-disciplinary dialogue;
- Have fun!
To participate as a forum member: While all forum members are welcome to attend with no advance notice, reviewing the upcoming work prior to attending is preferred. Work (e.g. abstracts, preliminary writings, or PowerPoint presentations) will be available online beginning the Friday prior to the event and will be removed from the internet after the event has ended.
To present your work: Any member University Honors Program community may submit a work in progress. This includes undergraduate students, alumni, faculty and staff, as well as faculty and graduate students in research groups with UHP students.
Papers or scripts for oral presentations may be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format to one of the two contacts below on a rolling basis. In your email, please include the following information:
- Presenter name
- Presenter major/discipline
- Title of paper/presentation
- Abstract (200 words maximum)
- Preferred presentation dates